Brassica oleracea var. Developed at the University of Massachusetts Amherst's historic research farm, Waltham Field Station, heirloom Waltham 29 broccoli garden seeds have been cultivated to deliver higher yields, grow more uniform vegetable crops, with more repeat harvests. Native to the brisk New England chill, non-GMO Waltham 29 seeds grow a compact, cold-hardy and open-pollinated American staple for home gardens and Farmers’ Markets across the country.
- Non-GMO & Open-Pollinated.
- Mature into robust 24-30" tall garden brassicas with classic blue-green floreted heads brimming with essential Sulforaphane.
- Days to maturity in 85 Days..
- Season: Spring & Fall.
- Type: Annual
- Planting tips: Sow seeds 1/4 inch deep, indoors 8 weeks before planting. Harden your plant by placing them outdoors in greenhouse/protective shelve before planting germinated plant.
- Tips: To produce smaller heads, cut central head and 6 inches of stem.